Manohari Devi Kanoi Girls' College
Affiliated to Dibrugarh University
• Understand basic concepts of statistics and its different branches.
• Analyze the applicability and use of statistics in various diverse fields.
• Develop knowledge of the various aspects of tools of descriptive statistics.
• Apply the tools and techniques in analyzing different types of real life data.
STSG-101: DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS
• Introduce the student with a short historical development of the subject of statistics.
• Develop knowledge of the various aspects of descriptive measures.
• Explain the uses of bivariate data in statistics.
• Analyze categorical data with real life example.
STSG - 102: PRACTICAL
• Acquaint students with diagrammatic and graphical representation of statistical data.
• Calculate various measures of descriptive statistics by using data to study their applications.
STSG - 201: PROBABILITY AND DISTRIBUTION
• Understand basic concepts of probability and learn about the different approaches to the theory of probability.
• Explain the concept of random variable and its probability distribution.
• Illustrate basic aspects of bi-variate distributions.
UNIT : 4
STSG - 202: PRACTICAL
• Compute marginal and conditional probabilities.
• Fit binomial, Poisson and normal distributions to some given data sets to study their applicability.
• Acquaint students with area property of normal distribution.
UNIT : 2
MARKS : 40
LECTURES : 18
STSG-301: ESTIMATION AND TESTING
• Prove core results in the theory of statistical estimation including different methods like MLE, Method of Moments;
• Construct parametric estimators and verify their optimality properties;
• Estimate intervals over which the population parameter could exist;
• Determine and differentiate between the null and alternative hypotheses in hypothesis testing;
• Identify when to use the z, t, F and Chi-square distributions, and use these distributions to find probabilities;
• Test hypotheses of the population mean and population proportion using one or two samples;
• Define and apply the significance level, and explain its importance to hypothesis testing; and
• Define various types of NP test and its advantages and disadvantages
LECTURES: (2X12) + 15+9= 48
STSG - 302: PRACTICAL
• Perform parametric statistical test like z, t & χ2 on means and proportion.
• Apply non-parametric test like sign test, median test & Run test for statistical testing of hypothesis
STSG - 401: SAMPLE SURVEY
• Provide basic concept of population, sample & sampling;
• Understand the principles underlying sampling as a means of making inferences about a population;
• Define Simple random sampling, stratified random sampling and Systematic sampling and describe the implications of using them.
• Describe the factors which contribute to errors in Survey including sampling errors and non-sampling errors
STSG - 402: PRACTICAL
• Understand the methods of drawing simple random samples using random number table.
• Apply simple random sampling, stratified random sampling & systematic sampling and analyze data of using them.
STSG - 501: APPLIED STATISTICS
• Demonstrate understanding of the concepts of time series and its application to different areas;
• Explain some key demographic concepts and discuss their practical applications;
• Understand the basic concept of demand analysis & estimation of demand curves;
• Understand the concept of basic index number and their applications;
• Understand the philosophy and basic concepts of quality improvement;
• Demonstrate the ability to design, use and interpret control charts for variables and attributes;
• Understand the concepts of acceptance sampling plan.
LECTURES: (2x9) + 6 + (2x12) = 48
STSG - 502: PRACTICAL
• Acquire practical knowledge of statistical approaches using various time series methods.
• Acquire depth knowledge on construction of different types of index number.
• Calculate different demographic rate using various formulas.
• Introduce students to SQC tools like control chart emphasizing those aspects which are relevant for SQC’s practical implementation.
STSG-601: DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS
• Provide basic knowledge of analysis of variance.
• Understand the basic principles of design of experiment.
• Explain the basic concept of factorial experiments.
STSG- 602: PRACTICAL
• Analysis of one-way and two-way classified data.
• Analysis of CRD, RBD and LSD.
• Analysis of Factorial Experiment.
• Analysis of Factorial experiment with confounding.
Website Visit - mdkgcollege.edu.in
Copyright (C) 2016 MDKG College All Right Reserved
Socialize With Us