DEPARTMENT : SANSKRIT
About the department:
The department of Sanskrit was established in the year 1963. The department offers Major and General undergraduate courses. The department aims to provide proper grounding to students in areas like literature, linguistics etc. the department build a bridges between the Ancient Indian knowledge systems and the current knowledge systems. The department has a library with more than 150 books, journals and magazines.
Strength of the department:
1. Qualified and dedicated faculty
2. Friendly relation between teacher and student
Future plan of the department:
1. To organize District Level Essay Writing Competition in topics related to Sanskrit with an object to encourage the students to study the subject.
2. To organize passage writing contest in Sanskrit among students in order to improve their Writing skill in Sanskrit
3. In order to generate interest amongst school children to study Sanskrit the Department proposes to take classes in schools as an extension service.