The Careeer Counselling Cell (CCC) of MDKG College does not keep itself confined to career guidance it also makes an attempt to channelize the students for placement as and when opportunities come. Students are made aware through personal guidance, distributing templates and leaflets and also providing the recruitment admission form.
Programmes organised by the Cell so far
- A written competitive examination organised on 11th April, 2014, in collaboration with Vivekananda Trust, Dibrugarh. Certificates were conferred to the selected students.
- The CCC of the college nominated a total of 35 students of the college to participate in the Sensitization Programme on Disaster Management which was organised by Dibrugarh University in association with NSS Wing of the university & Assam State Disaster Management Authority, Guwahati on 6th April, 2013. The cell efforted to make aware the students about the job prospects in the said sector so that interested students can opt it as career.
- Two days Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme at the college on 29th & 30th November, 2013 in collaboration with the IIE, Guwahati under the CSR scheme of OIL, Duliajan. The programme was organized to motivate the students for employment generation by the way of entrepreneurship.
- Seven students of the college were nominated to participate in the UPSC Orientation programme on 16th September 2014, organised by DHSK Commerce College, Dibrugarh. The programme was organised to give the opportunity to interact with Khan’s Group, a leading branded group for UPSC coaching based on New Delhi. Students namely Anamika Deb, Jyoti Gogoi, Mayashree Chetia, Nishita Gogoi, Syeda T. A. Rahman, Titikhya Changmai and Tofica Ullah participated in the programme.
- The coordinator of the CCC along with two students Urbashree Sonowal and Munma Hazarika had participated two days state level convention on Youth for Child Right which was organised by Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Right with UNICEF, Assam on 12th & 13th September 2014 at Guwahati.
- The CCC in collaboration with District Legal Service Authority, Dibrugarh, Government of Assam organised a programme on 9th September, 2014 as an initiative to to sensitize the students on the POCSO Act and to aware the students on the rights of the children.
- A career counselling programme was organised on 04-04-2015 by in partnership with Pune Institute of Business Management, Maharashtra. The resource person from PIBM provided information and career guidance to the students of our college on Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and MBA. They highlighted on the facilities and placement arranged and provided by their institute to the students. Twenty eight students were present in the programme.
- A career counselling programme was organised on 25-08-2015 in partnership with Information Technical Institute, Dibrugarh which is an affiliated institute of NSDC. Director and faculties of the ITI introduced the vocational courses as well as explained the placement facilities and prospects of the course. A total of 45 students were present there. Practice undertaken by the cell is to identify the skills of the students and provide the opportunity for training in vocational courses accordingly.
- The CCC organized a recruitment drive on IT based jobs initiated by the Tata Consultancy Service, Mumbai in collaboration with the Kaziranga University on 4th February 2016.
- An awareness programme was organised on 8th February, 2016 in collaboration with Information Technical Institute, Dibrugarh an NSDC affiliated institute which provides IT course at free of cost under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikash Yojana (PMKVY). The representative of ITI, Dibrugarh gave presentation on the said topic.
- Prof. Ashwini Machey & Prof. Dipankar Sarmah had accompanied five students of the college namely, Archana Changmai, Lily Tappo, Ali Gogoi, Nabanita Patowary and Momi Dutta to participate in the UGC sponsored state level workshop on Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine, organised by the Dibru College on 17th & 18th February, 2012. The objective was to give exposure and experience to the students.
- Career counselling programme in association with Kaziranga University was held on 1st Sept 2016. Eighty students from the college were present in the programme.
- Programme on "Career Prospects in Hospitality and Tourism Management" organised on 7th September,2017. Ms Tanzim Khan of New Zealand who is working in Hospitality Sector there was the Resource person
Co-ordinator: Prof. Dipankar Sarmah
Members: Prof. Aniruddha Dutta
Prof. Ashwini Machey
Prof. Shrutimala Bharali